RemoteAmsterdam, Noord-Holland, NetherlandsGrip
We are experiencing exciting growth and as such we are seeking a dynamic individual to fill the dual role of VFX Supervisor and On-Set Supervisor. This position requires expertise in both on-set supervision and overseeing the visual effects aspects of film and television projects. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in visual effects, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to collaborate effectively with both on-set and post-production teams.
Grip supports brands to cope with the fast-accelerating challenge of the exponential grow and need for content. Grip is web-based software that automatically generates visual content. It’s based on photorealistic 3D, capitalizing on INDG’s twenty-year-long experience in that field. 3D is good because once your beer or your juicer or your rocket is on Grip, it can be used and re-used for multiple media: images, videos, iOS apps, and such.
What will you be doing?
- On-Set VFX Supervisor: Capture camera and plate data, including reference imagery, placing tracking markers, Lens Distortion chart, Macbeth chart, and capturing HDRIs.
- Proven on-set supervision of projects with varying difficulty and requirements.
- Provide on-set supervision to ensure the proper acquisition of elements for visual effects.
- Collaborate with producers, directors, cinematographers, and production teams to plan and execute VFX shots.
- Oversee the work of the visual effects team to ensure the seamless integration of CGI elements.
- Manage the VFX budget, timeline, and resources effectively.
- Familiar with different social media formats such as (9x16, 1x1, 4x5, etc.).
- Collaborate closely with project managers, other VFX supervisors, and team members to achieve desired results.
- Travel to Europe, America, and Latin America for shoots at least once or twice a month.
- Identify and address issues related to colors, video, audio, and overall visual aesthetics.
- Stay updated with industry trends and advancements in editing techniques and technology.
Would be amazing if you:
- At least 10 years experience as a VFX Artist
- Technical knowledge of cameras: In-depth understanding of all motion picture equipment, cameras, lenses, monitors, and lights.
- Understand the VFX pipeline: Knowledge of the process through which visual effects are created.
- Work quickly and accurately on-set to ensure the smooth running of physical production, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Extensive experience in both on-set supervision and visual effects.
- Strong knowledge of industry-standard VFX software and techniques.
- Proficiency in VFX software such as Photoshop, Nuke, and After Effects, and familiarity with 3D Studio Max, along with an understanding of 3D and VFX pipelines.
- Knowledge of industry-standard editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve).
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality VFX in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Proven experience as a VFX Artist with a robust portfolio.
- Extensive knowledge of the visual effects (VFX) process and pipeline.
- Quality control expertise covering video, audio, and visual effects assets.
- Understanding industry specifications, including resolution, frame rate, audio settings, and color space.
- Familiarity with file format technicalities, codecs, raw video files, transcoding, and compression.
- Knowledge of video resolution, aspect ratios, and LUTs.
- Understanding of broadcast, web, social media, and online media delivery standards.
- Great communicator in English (written and verbal)
- Excellent social, communication, and leadership skills.
- Effective planning and prioritization of multiple tasks, with problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a critical eye for visual quality.
What we offer
This is a remote friendly role. Most of us work from Amsterdam or Bucharest, and if you’re close to any of the two, we’re more than happy to welcome you in our offices. Working at INDG Grip means you’ll be supported with flexible working agreements, an annual L&D budget, mental health and gym benefits, paid annual leave and the right IT equipment for the job. For those working from our office, we offer a well-equiped kitchen with snacks, fruits, lunch, and creative workspaces.
Please apply via the link provided. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact our HR Department via email@example.com.